Custom Mobile App Development
The use of custom mobile apps has gained momentum – according to reports, on average, employees save 7.5 hours per week by using them, and 82% of business owners believe it has increased their business revenue.
You can customize mobile apps partially or fully based on your business needs. It is not feasible for these apps to provide solutions for a large population with varying requirements as they are tailored to a particular audience. The main reason why business owners are turning to custom mobile app development is for this reason.
10 Business Advantages of Custom Mobile App Development
These days, businesses of any size, whether small, medium, or large, use customized business apps to enhance productivity and stay competitive. Following are a few of the top advantages of custom mobile app development for businesses:
1. Increases efficiency
Considering the business apps are custom-built based on your business requirements, it acts like a comprehensive app capable of performing diverse functions, negating the need for multiple apps. Furthermore, you can get an enhanced return on investment with these apps since they are tailored to your working style
2. Provides high scalability
A regular app is limited in the number of resources and processes it can handle. As your business grows, these apps may not be able to cope with the workload. On the other hand, custom-made apps are built taking into account all these parameters and can be easily scaled up as needed.
3. Protects your app data
It is need of business apps do not have specialized security features, putting your business data at risk. When your custom app is developed specifically for your business, the relevant security measures are taken into account according to the needs of your business while developing it.
4. Easily integrates with existing software
It needs your existing software can be integrated with general business apps. The custom apps are built keeping in mind your existing business software, ensuring seamless integration and error-free operation
5. Easily maintainable
When you use regular apps for your business operations, you are putting yourself at the mercy of an unknown mobile app developer. When the developer discontinues the app, then you have to find a new app and stop using your current app. When you create your custom business app, you have complete control and don’t need to rely on anyone else for anything
6. Enhances customer relationships
A customized business app allows you to send updates to existing customers in real-time related to your products or services. Further, it allows you to access client information and receive feedback, allowing you to build long-term relationships with your clients.
7. Facilitates the retrieval of new client data
A custom mobile application that includes surveys and forms can help you collect the client information you need. Clients and employees can collect information discreetly while also saving time by not having to physically submit documents
8. Real-time access to projects
Being able to view all your documents easily while traveling proves to be very helpful. With a business-specific app, you can access all your documents, tasks, calendars, and so on right from your phone. Additionally, custom business apps make it easy to retrieve brochures and contracts to share with your clients
9. Easy project management
Apps are available for tracking your projects and keeping track of deadlines in real-time. After each stage of the project is completed, updates can be sent and the billing cycle can be maintained.
10. Accountability through digital records
If you want to capture thoughts and ideas related to your customer, you can easily record them on the phone. A recording can then be directly saved in a secure location where only authorized staff can access it. As a result, you can improve accountability and better serve your customers
Customizing a Mobile App: Things to Consider
A dynamic market scenario, continually evolving mobile platforms, and the need for fast turnaround mean that the tailored app solutions must be carefully considered before implementation. Here are a few points to consider before building a custom mobile app for your business:
- Fast Time to Market – Custom business apps need to be cost-effective and built within a short turnaround time so they can be released as soon as possible
- Enhance Efficiency – The custom apps should be tweaked and adjusted to ensure that the final solution is efficient and results in significant improvements.
- Compatibility with multiple networks – The app developed should be tested across different operators and regions to ensure its efficiency.
- Data Security – Most apps are developed for multiple users, so they must offer strong authentication and secure access to data
- Battery Life – The app must be tested to see how it affects the battery life since apps that drain the battery quickly are not preferred by users
- A great UX and UI – The custom app should provide an appealing user interface and a great user experience
- Efficient Synchronization of Data – To be effective, the app must be able to synchronize data with the server regularly and at a suitable pace.
- Streamlined Communication Channel – The app needs to define an appropriate communication channel, like messaging, WAP, etc.
Development Trends for Custom Mobile Applications
Due to the increasing consumerization of information technology, the Build Your Own App (BYOA) is an extension of the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) concept. BYOA enables employees to use the best apps for the job, however, it can also be seen as a major security threat. It will be impossible for employees to control the way their data is stored, accessed, and used through mobile or cloud apps.
BYOA offers significant benefits for businesses, such as lowering expenditures for purchasing licenses and training users. Supporting a wide variety of mobile platforms, designing the user interface, estimating project costs, and integrating with existing network services are the top challenges that custom mobile apps face.
A growing number of people are switching to smartphones, resulting in a huge growth in custom-designed mobile apps. Among the latest trends in custom mobile app development are
- A responsive design for a mobile app is the newest trend and highly appreciated by app users
- Apps that are configured to run in the cloud are preferred since they require less storage on the phone
- In today’s world, social media integration is essential for many apps
- With the Internet of Things (IoT), home appliances and other products can be controlled by mobile apps
- Nowadays, wearable technology is rapidly catching up with an increased interest in health and fitness
- Beacons, one of the fastest-growing technologies, are becoming more and more integrated into custom apps
- Mobile apps are increasingly being used for payments using Near Field Communication (NFC)
- The rise of payment gateways has allowed people to make cashless purchases in stores and make online payments on e-commerce sites
- Big data and app analytics are fast-growing fields in the data analytics sector since they help improve user experience.